Following the news that we are entering another national lockdown, we want to reassure all of our patients that it is still safe and essential to attend the dentist for both routine and emergency treatment. We are still here for you and will remain open throughout the pandemic and following Government advice, urge patients to still attend all medical appointments.
We are fully provisioned with PPE and have rigorous protocols in place to protect patients and staff and expect to remain open throughout the pandemic.
Patient and staff safety is embedded in our ethos. Outlined below all the clinic modifications and enhanced operating procedures we have been putting in place during our lockdown closure. We believe that these procedures will allow all people, including those shielding, to attend our dental practice safely.
Patient Procedure (there will be only one patient in the clinic at a time)
Telephone health assessments will be carried out at the time of booking an appointment and the day before the patients is due to attend their appointment. Patients will be asked whether they, or anyone they live with, is experiencing any coronavirus symptoms. If any symptoms are being experienced then the appointment will be delayed in accordance to the government isolation guidance.
- On arrival patients are to wait in the car park until signaled by a member of staff to enter the clinic. If you are planning to walk to the clinic please let us know so we can have a chair ready outside.
- On entering the clinic patients will be asked to use the automatic hand sanitizer
- A non-contact thermometer will then be used to take the patients temperature. If a temperature higher than 38*C is recorded the appointment will be post-poned in line with the government isolation guidance.
- Patients will then be guided straight into the clinic room
- We will aim to carry out as much of the required treatment plan (check-up, hygiene cleans etc) during the appointment. This is to reduce the number of visits to the clinic required by each patient. This means treatment decisions will need to be made during the appointment where possible.
- Once the session is completed, patients will return to reception to sign their treatment plan and make further appointments if necessary. Payment will then be taken and we ask patients to pay by card where possible.
- Lastly, before leaving the clinic, patients will once again be asked to use the automatic hand sanitizer.
After every appointment extensive cleaning will carried out, with particular attention to touch points, and the clinic will be aerated.
A reduction of the number of patients seen each day. As per the government guidelines the clinic will need to be extensively cleaned and aerated between patients.
Enhanced Safely / hygiene
- An infection protection glass screen for the reception desk
- Automatic hand sanitizers and soap dispensers throughout the clinic
- All the relevant Protective Personal Equipment (PPE), and all staff will be changing their PPE’s after each patient as per government guidelines. Dr Kal will be wearing a long sleeved fluid repellent gown, face mask, face shield and gloves.
- A new (hospital grade) air filtration machine. This is not a government requirement but an item we identified as very beneficial in our own risk assessment.
Further points to note
- Dr Kal will carry out all hygiene treatment for the foreseeable future.
- We will review all our operating procedures regularly in line with published advice and make changes where necessary.
- Masks and gloves will be made available for any chaperone or companion that needs to attend with a patient. We ask patients not to bring children with them to their appointments at this time.
We hope this information has provided you with reassurance and a degree of guidance.